I first learned about “Cell Salts”
and specifically Bioplasma
which is the combination of the 12 minerals, when I was interning as a Purification Rundown Case Supervisor (a specialized detoxification program) in the 90s.
I there after used them personally as well as professionally and always had a bottle in my purse.
About 10 years ago I when I was working to get my BS in Natural Health I completed a unit of study on Homeopathy and really learned about them along with the details and history of Homeopathy, a branch of holistic medicine/natural health that has significant benefits on our health and well being.
There are many homeopathic remedies and I have specific remedies I use for chronic issues but cell salts and the various formulas are something I keep on hand for general well being.
Perhaps you have heard of Arnica cream or arnica “pellets” for bumps and bruises.
You can google “cell salts” and learn much more than I can provide here. I thought I would give a few basics here so those of you who come in to Yogilachi studio know what they are when you see them on the shelves for clients to help themselves.
Cell Salts are made up of a group of homeopathic remedies. They are all made from minerals. Remember your body is made from minerals too – missing minerals = missing functions. Cell means used on a cellular level and salts means mineral or mineral salts.
There are 12 basic mineral or tissue cell salts in our bodies.
From an article in Excerpts from Homeopathy for Health: “Biochemistry is a science developed by Dr. Schussler to show how Cell Salts are utilized in the body. Cell Salts are not measured like supplements such as 500 mg or more, but are in minute homeopathic potency. In homeopathic potency, Cell Salts balance the mineral in the body and help the body’s utilization of the mineral from concentrations in the blood and minerals from food and supplements.”
“Cell Salts are safe for those with digestive problems. Cell Salts do not have binders and since they dissolve in the mouth they do not need to be broken down in the
stomach. The Cell Salts are a wonderful way to help the body take up nutrients.”
Here are some basic benefits of homeopathic minerals/ Cell Salts:
- Immediately absorbed through the first line of digestion-the saliva.
- Without the need for the body to break down the minerals, they are effective for those with digestive problems, as well as young, elderly or severe health conditions.
- Safety because Cell Salts do not have additives or binders that stress the liver, and potenization eliminates the questions of getting too much, avoiding
problems, such as bowel tolerance that cause diarrhea (seen with supplemental magnesium), or constipation (associated with iron supplements).
- Enables more efficient use of that mineral in the body, whether from a food source or from supplements.
- Cell Salts are not a substitute for a balanced diet or supplements, but improve absorption and utilization of that mineral.Minerals are the foundation for enzyme activity in the body and serve as catalysts in energy cycles and functions.
For example, the body must first have minerals to make vitamins or make use of vitamins regardless of the source. Cell Salts are used in the basic
functioning of the cells including water balance, digestion, removing toxins, elasticity of the cells, oxygenation, nutrition, sodium/potassium balance etc.
I take Bioplasma daily to keep my health and energy at it’s best. I use Bioplasma before and after exercise to maintain electrolyte level. I use it and give it to my family when stressed or starting to feel ill or out of balance. The difference between Bioplasma and the individual Cell Salts is that the Bioplasma is a remedy in itself. It keeps the minerals in balance helps with energy levels, the immune system and with physical performance. However you can match the particular cell salts to help with imbalance and health issues – for example I keep Kali on hand specifically for stress and MagPhos for muscle spasms. Cell Salts can be used with other homeopathic remedies and therapies to speed healing.
These are the 12 minerals known as the Cell Salts.
- Calcarea Fluorica 6X(Calcium Fluoride)
- Calcarea Phosphorica 3X (Calcium Phosphorus)
- Calcarea Sulphuricum 3X (Calcium Sulphur)
- Ferrum Phosphoricum 3X (Ferrum Phos-iron)
- Kali Muriaticum 3X (Kali Mur-potassium)
- Kali Phosphorica 3X (Kali Phos-potassium)
- Kali Sulphuricum 3X (Kali Sulphur-potassium)
- Magnesia Phosphorica 3X (Magnesium Phosphorus)
- Natrum Muriaticum 6X (Natrum Mur)
- Natrum Phosphoricum 3X (Natrum Phosphorus)
- Natrum Sulphuricum 3X (Natrum Sulphur)
If you don’t feel like you’ve had enough of a science lesson today – you can always research more. During the summer it’s a must for my family. When we go hiking it’s ideal to have on hand. Easy to dissolve right under the tongue and you can feel it help bring the body back in to balance.
During the summer months, this is a must as we are sweating more and losing minerals through our skin.
I hope it goes without saying – drink your water too!!
I usually buy it bulk from Amazon or Vitacost. It’s also available at Whole Foods, New Season’s Market and Chuck’s. Haven’t check at Fred Meyer but I will and if they don’t I’ll ask them to start carrying it. It’s worth knowing and using.